WELCOME TO MAIN STREET!
ABOUT MAIN STREET SCHOOL
We are a small, private school, located just 15 minutes south of Des Moines, in Norwalk, Iowa. Established in 2006, our diverse community consists of classrooms from preschool through 12th grade.
- No School Friday, September 21st.
- Come join our after school program, The Happiness Project. For more information, click here.
- View the School Calendar. Click Here.
- Main Street School has been awarded a 2018 Community Gardens Mini Grant made available through United Way of Central Iowa, in partnership with Eat Greater Des Moines. This will help us create a new community garden in the front of our school!
- We believe children are capable of great things
- Our focus is the whole child- physical, social, emotional and cognitive
- We show respect and compassion for all members of our community
- We celebrate our students’ varied talents and backgrounds
- We encourage a love of learning and an independent spirit
- Three multi-age classrooms
- Interdisciplinary, phenomenon-based learning
- Individualized, cross-curricular learning in math, language, geography, history, science, art, music, and P.E.
- Low teacher-student ratio
- Hands-on materials
- Cooperative group work
- Community and service learning
See what makes Main Street School so unique!
For more information or to schedule a tour contact us at 515-981-1275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.