Established in 2006, Main Street School is located in a historic turn-of-the century house in the town of Norwalk, Iowa (just south of Des Moines). Our student base includes preschool thru the 9th grade level. Children are taught using individual curriculums based on the needs of the whole child.
- We believe children are capable of great things
- Our focus is the whole child- physical, social, emotional and cognitive
- We show respect and compassion for all members of our community
- We celebrate our students’ varied talents and backgrounds
- We encourage a love of learning and an independent spirit
Our Academic Program:
- Three multi-age classrooms
- Individualized, cross-curricular learning in math, language, geography, history, science, art, music, and P.E.
- Low teacher-student ratio
- Hands-on materials
- Cooperative group work
- Community and service learning
Main Street School is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.